Small Space Gardening for Busy People: Grow Food with Limited Space and Time (Paperback)
Not in Stock... Available to ship in 3-5 days
Small Space Gardening for Busy people is for anyone who wants to grow food and turn the little urban space they have into a flourishing garden.This book will take you step by step through the process of not only setting up a small space garden, but setting it up right so that you will have less work once it is up and running. To set it up right from the start you will need to consider a number of factors, such as:
- Soil - the perfect soil for carrots will not allow lettuce to thrive. To get you started I have included a plant guide as well as planting strategies such as companion planting. Equipped with this knowledge you will be able to select the right plants to fit your specific needs and situation.
- Light - Without light plants cannot grow. With this book you will learn how much direct sunlight you can offer your plants and which plants crave the sun.
- Seeds or plants? - Some plants are very tricky to start from seed as transplanting can be challenging for beginners. You will learn how to select which plants to grow and learn to love new varieties.
- Garden Idea - this is perhaps the most exciting part of starting a small space garden. You don't have to limit yourself to traditional pots and planters. There are a whole range of Garden designs which you can buy ready made, or if you are the DIY type, can also make yourself.
- Crop rotation
- Companion planting
- Vertical gardening.
- Automated watering systems
- Planting for success
- Harvesting rainwater
- Understand Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium
- Complete fertilizer, bone meal and potash
- Organic vs. Chemical fertilizer